Washington, DC 20005
Experienced Legal Word Processor sought for large DC law firm.
Hours: Monday to Friday second shift (evening hours)
Must have expert MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
Duties include: extensive formatting and editing of word processing documents, including advanced features such as cross-referencing, bookmarks, track changes, table of authority, table of content, indices, mail merging, red-line/black line documents, etc.; experience with templates for legal documents and closing CD sets (creating links from table of contents, simple and multi-linking of PDFs); experience converting documents from one application to another, including cleaning, formatting and applying styles as needed; importing and exporting files from USB devices, CDs or DVDs; experience scanning of documents for conversions; ability to assists colleagues with document troubleshooting, including corrupt documents and files; performs document reproduction, printing documents from electronic sources (e.g., email attachments, PDF files, CDs, etc.) and the delivery of same; create binders and document indices; perform transcription using software such as Express Scribe/The Record Player, or Wondershare and Audacity for audio/video capture; provide administrative support to attorneys (e.g., time entry, transcription, copying/printing of documents, courier services, and assignment of conference rooms/visiting attorney offices) and other related duties as assigned.
- Expert level Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook) and conversion software proficiency.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to learn various job-related computer software (e.g., Image Base, Voxco survey application, CD burner application, and document management systems (e-Docs)).
- Knowledge of basic graphics and picture manipulation, including resizing, copying and pasting functions.
- Knowledge of OCR conversion software (e.g., Omnipage/Panascan /Adobe Acrobat /Nuance Power PDF).
- Some college preferred.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.