Tysons Corner, VA
A prominent commercial real estate firm is seeking a Staff Accountant to join a busy accounting department. The individual will be responsible for full general ledger accounting functions for an assigned portfolio of commercial real estate properties.
• Assist with the day to day operations of the general ledger accounting processes and activities
• Assist with monthly/ quarterly account transaction closing and cut-off date.
• Prepare and analyze financial statements, including current monthly, quarterly and year to date variances.
• Prepare journal entries
• Preparation of monthly financial packages for owners and lender compliance
• Prepare and maintain balance sheet.
• Monitoring of cash flow for each property.
• Preparing monthly site billings for management fees.
• Prepare lender draw packages for submission in compliance with loan requirements.
• Assist in schedule preparation and review in annual budget process.
• Prepare year-end audit and tax packages as required.
• Handle special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or CPA candidate is a plus.
• 2-3 years of accounting experience
• Advanced MS Excel skills (pivot tables, V-look ups, macros)
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• Commercial real estate background is a plus, as well as experience working with MRI, Yardi and NEXUS.
• Be detail-oriented and possess critical thinking skills.
• Possess good organization, communication and follow-up skills.
• Must thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.