Senior Trademark Paralegal
Washington, DC 20036
A DC Law Firm has an open position for a Senior Paralegal with at least 8 years of trademark prosecution experience. This detail-oriented individual would be responsible for assisting attorneys with the management of foreign and domestic trademark portfolios.
- Prepare and file foreign and domestic trademark applications, statements of use, extensions of time, amendments to allege use, Sections 8 & 15 declarations, and other filings;
- Draft communications with clients an foreign associates
- Review office actions and summarize issues for attorneys
- Perform Trademark Searches and draft findings
- Draft filing instructions for trademark applications
- Client communications, including providing accurate charts of client's prosecution matters
- Make preliminary evaluations regarding potential specimens showing use for submission
- Assist with TTAB proceedings and trademark litigation, including drafting and filing of documents, maintaining pleadings, files and docket, and related tasks.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA qualified program preferred
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.