Cheverly , MD
Prince George’s County is seeking a registered nurse interested in working in maternal child health.
As a registered nurse, you would be responsible for the following duties:
- Prioritize based on complexity of pregnancy and gestational age
- Recommend appropriate plan of care for each client referred based upon needs assessment and complexity of case. Case management is primarily telephonic and when warranted will include home visiting
- Provide resources and referrals to client for services and support based upon individual needs and standard of care
- Perform accurate data entry into current HER
- Deliver cribs and provide safe sleep education to clients identified as not having a crib/bassinet for infant to ensure infants are not sleeping in an unsafe sleep environment
- Participate in community events such as health fairs to promote positive infant health outcomes
- Ensure that client records are kept secure and confidential and maintained consistent with the department’s policies and procedures and HIPAA standards
- Make specific individual nursing judgment using maternal infant standards of care
- Prefer minimum Bachelor’s Degree in nursing; however, experience will be considered as a substitute for RNs with an Associate Degree in nursing or Diploma in nursing.
- Must have an unrestricted Registered Nurse license issued by the Maryland Board of Nursing or a compact state. If license if compact, incumbent must follow the appropriate guidelines guidelines for working in Maryland under a compact license
- 2 years' experience as a registered nurse
- Prefer prior experience working in maternal child health
- Must be willing to make home visits
Please forward your resume to AWhite@nri-staffing.com for immediate consideration.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.