District of Columbia, DC
Seeking a Property Accountant to help support a construction firm located in the Rockville, MD area. The firm has been around since the 1960's. They have been rated one of the top places to work for in the Rockville, MD area. The staff supports one another and provides a healthy culture/environment. They specialize in full-service commercial construction for companies in the Washington metropolitan area. They are also huge advocates in supporting local communities in the area year round. The ideal person in this role will possess a "can do attitude", strong communication and team building skills. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who has an interest in the construction industry is seeking a wonderful company/team to join long term.
- Assisting with A/P, A/R and G/L
- Prepares annual Common Area Maintenance (CAM) reconciliations and property tax reconciliations
- Sets up new properties and tenant leases
- Ensure that all pertinent information regarding ownership
- management fees and tenants are established and that the necessary general ledger accounts
- financial reporting and tenant reporting is set up
- Reviews and inputs new tenants/leases and lease summaries to ensure deposits are received
- rent amounts are established and key lease terms are accounted for
- Prepares monthly rent roll, rent increase letters, tenant delinquency letters/statements, utility billings, and accounts receivable reports
- Collects and deposits tenant checks and posts payments
- Prepares year-end financial reporting package for financial review
*Interested, please forward your resume to Andrea Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration!
- 1-3 years of exp. in accounting (real estate or construction) preferred
- Timberline (preferred)
- Excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments to meet required deadlines.
- Able to work Independently
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong M.Office
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.