Patient Services Coordinator
- Position: Patient Services Coordinator
- Salary: $33,000 – $34,000 annually
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM to 5:15 PM, rotated Saturday morning shifts
- Location: Reston, VA
About the Company:
We are working with a large practice in Reston, Virginia. They have provided quality family practice care for 48 years. The practice is composed of 5 physicians, 2 nurse practitioners, 1 physical therapist, 1 registered dietician, and support staff within a large medical office.
The Patient Services Coordinator is responsible for greeting patients and visitors, scheduling appointments, providing administrative support, gathering demographic and charge data for billing and for the production of insurance forms and statements. As a Patient Services Coordinator, you will help preserve the practice’s commitment to ensuring comprehensive and high-quality care for the individual and family.
- Prepare and maintain patient information
- Greet patients and visitors
- Take requests for prescriptions
- Direct messages to appropriate staff member
- Schedule appointments for new patients, routine follow-ups, physicals, procedures, and consultations
- Collect patient portion of coinsurance or copayments
- Check out patients by reviewing patient encounter form for completeness, calculate fees, and request payment
- Post copays and maintain required records, reports, and files
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Ability to maintain effective communication between management, providers, staff, and patients
- Efficient time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Knowledge of basic accounting and medical office procedures
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office products
- Adherence to corporate policies and procedures
- Ability to comply with all OSHA and safety guidelines
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ business office experience, preferably a medical office
Please forward your resume to Alexis White at AWhite@nri-staffing.com to learn more about this incredible opportunity!
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.