Washington, DC 20036
Seeking a Paralegal to support Attorneys on Tax-related cases. The incumbent will work under the supervision of an attorney and will perform paralegal tasks ranging from case inception through discovery, trial, post-trial proceedings, and case closures.
- Draft correspondence and legal documents such as: discovery, pleading shells, proofs of service, and other relevant briefs
- Prepare exhibits and supporting documentations for court filings
- Cite check, Shepardize and proofread briefs
- Generate Table of Content & Table of Authority. Understand Firm's formatting templates, styles and guidelines
- Understand how to assist with and complete court filings (manual and ECF)
- Understand the process to serving discovery and other pleadings on opposing parties, while maintaining an organized filing system
- General knowledge in eDiscovery, and particularly the use of Relativity to facilitate management of matter
- Maintain docket/calendar deadlines and be able to remind team of important deadlines
- Experience with trial preparation a plus
- Experience with case management
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.