Paralegal- Anti Trust
Washington, DC 20036
A well established law firm in DC is seeking an Entry-Level Antitrust Paralegal that will work closely with and provide support to the Firm with litigation matters. The Antitrust Paralegal will be responsible for assisting with the day to day management of cases including maintaining pleadings, correspondence, document files and databases; assists in hearing and trial preparation; monitors and distributes docket updates; prepares case calendar and calculates deadlines.
• Day-to-day case/transaction and database management; drafts, reviews, and prepares legal documents; conducts due diligence and research.
• Exhibits technical skills consistent with new and existing Firm technology and is proficient with respect to filing procedures and filing jurisdictions.
• Obtains and monitors dockets and distributes updates.
• Reviews documents/materials for privilege and responsiveness; oversees document numbering/labeling; tracks numbering gaps, maintains complete sets of production/privilege documents, and drafts privilege logs.
• Assists with preparation of court filings: fact and cite check, Shepardize, Blue Book, and checks quotes for accuracy.
• Assists attorneys with hearing preparation, fact and expert witness deposition preparation; and expert reports preparation.
• Plans for trial hearings and arbitration. Organizes/prepares files, notebooks, presentation materials and trial aids. At trial, takes notes, handles exhibits, gathers documents referred by either counsel, tracks exhibit usage; interacts with witnesses.
• Organizes materials and maintains accurate and up-to-date databases.
• Logically and systematically organizes materials.
• Assists with and completes pre trial and trial projects examples of which include exhibits lists, deposition designations, trial binders, trial witness preps.
• Utilizes departmental training resources.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong communication, organizational and research skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
• Must be highly motivated, self-starter, creative and possess the ability to work under pressure with demanding deadlines
• Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to confidentially and graciously interact with law school and law firm staff, attorneys and students also required.
• Strong clerical and typing skills as well as proficiency in Word, Excel; Position also requires the ability to travel and to work occasional overtime as necessary
• BA/BS with strong academic record
• Understands and applies current information, technology, resources, methods and procedures necessary to perform assigned work.
• Accepts responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes; does not make excuses for errors or problems. Understands that their individual performance directly affects business results.
• Analyzes problems, develops effective solutions and understands implications of solutions. Makes appropriate and timely decisions.
• Communicates clearly and concisely in written / verbal communications. Proactively communicates to facilitate workflow, teamwork and efficiency. Chooses appropriate communication tools and utilizes technology to facilitate communications.
• Produces high quality work; is efficient, accurate and has good attention to detail; consistently strives to improve performance; seeks opportunities to develop professionally and expand job knowledge.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.