Paralegal - Real Estate
Washington, DC 20006
Experienced real estate paralegal sought for busy practice group in the heart of downtown DC.
Need two years plus experience as a real estate paralegal.
- Assist attorneys with research, drafting and tracking a variety of topics related to client legal updates;
- Prepare correspondence and external written communication;
- Draft/compare transactional documents;
- Assist in the preparation and review of transactional documentation including assembly, tracking and distribution of all closing documents;
- Provide assistance to lawyers at the closing;
- Prepare, compiling and organizing documentation for filing with the requisite government agencies for land use/zoning approvals and condominium and other common interest developments;
- Monitor legislative and master plan actions in various jurisdictions;
- Prepare property summaries related to zoning and subdivision status;
- Maintain calendar of relevant dates;
- Record documents and handle the process for the approval and recordation of plats in DC and other jurisdictions;
- Conduct review of newly enacted legislation for client summaries
- The ability to organize multiple projects, manage closings and handle document distribution, checklists and post-closing issues
- Excellent writing, technical, interpersonal, research and organization skills are essential to be successful in this position
- Candidates must have a proven track record of being able to multi-task, communicate effectively and meet deliverables
- Two or more years of prior law firm experience, college degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred
- Experience with title and survey review, preferably with HUD programs, and entity formation experience are plusses
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.