Paralegal - Commercial Real Estate
- Provide paralegal support on sophisticated commercial real estate/residential real estate matters
- Work closely with the General Counsel and other teams
- Review and prepare drafts of closing documents, including deeds and state transfer documents
- Perform title and survey reviews and ensure appropriate title insurance is in place at closing
- Review title charges on draft closing statements
- Respond to information and document requests pertaining to title documents from lenders, partners and outside counsel Prepare and file corporate documents for corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships in various jurisdictions, including formation, amendments and terminations
- Perform title and survey due diligence, including preparing summarizes of REAs, easements and CC&Rs
- Regularly communicate with escrow and title officers, seller parties and other third parties.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- VA Notary or willing to become one
- 5+ years of commercial real estate experience performing title and survey reviews (National law firm experience preferred)
- Must have a wide-range of commercial real estate transaction knowledge and experience, including performing title and survey reviews, preparing closing documents, preparing closing binders, title due diligence.
- Must be able to demonstrate diplomacy and perform well under pressure while supporting a diverse group of employees
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- Superior writing, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, handle multiple closings simultaneously, work independently and have strong attention to detail.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.