Medical Assistant - Laurel
- Position: Medical Assistant
- Salary: $34,000 – $36,000 annually
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Location: Laurel, MD
- Travel Percentage: 25%
About the Company:
We are working with a large practice in the Metropolitan area. The company has dedicated more than 30 years in service to its patients. The practice has 21 physicians within 6 medical offices, maintaining a full-service laboratory and X-ray facilities. As a member of their Medical Assistant team, you will help preserve the practice's commitment to comprehensive, personable, and quality care.
- Preparing patients for examination and treatment (taking brief histories, obtaining vital signs and reviewing patients' medication list)
- Preparing exam rooms with necessary instruments and supplies
- Performing phlebotomy, processing lab specimens and requisition forms
- Assisting physicians with injections, aspirations, and ultrasound
- Screening patient telephone calls for referral to physicians
- Returning calls to patients per physician request
- Acting as the liaison between triage, call center, and assigned physician
- Providing patient education to patients for self-injecting medications
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Organizational skills
- 2 years’ experience in a medical office
- Phlebotomy experience is a must
- Certification as a Medical Assistant
- Experience with:
- NextGen medical software
- Healthcare plans
- Microsoft Office
The practice sees the value in the Medical Assistant position, which is significantly shown in their AMAZING benefits program. As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for a generous compensation package including paid leave, medical and dental coverage, life and disability coverage, 401(k), tuition assistance, and more!
Please forward your resume to Alexis White at AWhite@nri-staffing.com to learn more about this incredible opportunity!
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.