IP Docketing Quality Review Specialist
Washington, DC 20036
Washington DC Law Office is seeking an experienced IP Patent Docketing Quality Review Specialist to assist in the delivery of quality docketing services for a growing and talented IP group.
The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing all US and foreign patent docket updates to ensure data integrity and strict compliance with Country law, client guidelines and established departmental policies and procedures. Make appropriate database corrections.
- Conduct internal audit review of patent client portfolios and make appropriate database corrections.
- Work with IP Patent Docketing/Technology Manager and IP Patent Docketing Coordinator to ensure client requirements are met with IP Client Portal; regularly review and ensure accuracy of information on the IP Client Portal.
- Work closely with the IP Patent Docketing Coordinator in identifying problems or inaccuracies in departmental policies and procedures; assist with changes and implementation.
- Assist with special projects, including new matter intakes, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 7 years of patent docketing experience using a computerized docketing system (CPI and/or Patricia experience preferred)
- Minimum one (1) year of patent docketing quality review experience
- Knowledge of USPTO practices and procedures
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of domestic and foreign patent prosecution procedures, terminology and deadlines required
- Strong organization, problem-solving, analytical decision-making, proofreading and reading comprehension skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate data entry skills
- Typing at least 30 wpm
- Proficiency in use of office software such as Excel and Word
- Flexibility for overtime
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.