Hotel/Hospitality Training Manager
We are looking for a Training Manager with around 3 years of Hotel or Hospitality Industry experience. The Training Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful creation and delivery of new hire training and solution training including new features and product launches. The Training Manager works closely with departmental Managers and the Director of Operations for strategic direction to ensure training content properly aligns with hotel industry operations, and provides strategic direction and vision for all solutions. The Training Manager also works with our leadership team to identify and address organizational development needs.
Successful candidates will have a creative, true hands-on approach, as well as strong knowledge of hotel operations, experience with teaching others and exceptional analytical thinking skills.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and cross-functional teams to creating new hire training to include customer service, on-boarding processes, property management systems and solution training incorporating appropriate hotel analogies and terminology.
- Creates supplemental or ancillary training requested by Sales or Operations.
- Responsible for development or facilitation of innovative training which may include on-line tutorials, web-conferencing or in-person which increases speed to proficiency and impacts business metrics and organizational effectiveness.
- Manages training activities including scheduling, prioritization of training and employee compliance audits.
- Administers methods for gathering and tracking training metrics.
- Develops and updates appropriate training materials (e.g. participants workbooks, practices, user guides, assessments, etc.) to optimize learning for new hires and clients.
- Works closely with departmental Managers, Leadership team and the Director of Operations to ensure training content properly aligns with hotel industry operations, strategic direction and vision of the company and each solution.
- Conducts reviews of training quality trends and implements corrective action as needed.
- Ensures training content accuracy for all programs through regular audits and classroom delivery evaluations.
- Identifies information gaps through needs analysis methodology and develops appropriate training programs, including the selection or design of appropriate training aids.
- Implements training department policies and procedures.
- Drives best practice standardization across all departments and sites.
- Participants in the development of the Training budget as required.
- Manages Training budget by controlling expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Completes special project work as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Learning & Development / Instructional Design or 3+ years Hotel Industry experience in a Management role.
- 2 years training experience developing content and facilitating.
- Hotel Industry experience as General Manager, Assistant General Manager or Operations Manager.
- Instructional design and / or online tutorial development.
- Experience developing PowerPoint training presentations, Facilitator Guides and Participant Guides.
- Responsible for and focused on exceeding Client expectations
- Service focused; passionate, patient, attentive, empathic
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, strong relationship skills
- Exceptional technical and logical capacity
- Displays Initiative
- Ability to effectively use Google and Microsoft Office applications with above average skills in MS Excel
- Capable of managing several projects with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to support day, evening and night audit shifts if necessary
- Excellent analytical skills to anticipate and resolve customer issues
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
I grew up in Baltimore!