Government Contract Specialist
Experienced Contract Specialists with a construction background, to work in the Contract & Procurement’s Construction Branch. The ideal candidate(s) will have extensive experience providing contract development and management functions in construction-related areas; possess excellent interpersonal skills to clearly explain rules and procedures.
- Develops procurement documents and pre-negotiation position for construction solicitations, respond to request for information during solicitation period, etc., including prepare, execute and award construction contracts , terms and conditions, determine the type of contract and negotiation authority to be used and prepare required justification.
- Prepares and reviews documents, including Recommendations to Award for government agency to ensure high standards of quality.
- Reviews purchase orders and contracts for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with government and agency policies and procedures; determines the most appropriate method of procurement; determines if requested items can be obtained via an existing contract; conducting pre-bid/proposal conferences, distribution of bid invitations and participates in walk-throughs with bidders/offerors on site locations.
- Gathers, compiles and tabulates bids; evaluates price quotes and compares to specifications; researches vendors and evaluates their ability to provide quality materials, equipment, and services; selects or recommends the most advantageous bid; drafts final contract and notifying winning vendor.
- Conducts market place analyses to construct pricing arrangement, subcontracting policy, and similar considerations; prepares and maintains current acquisition plans, milestone charts, and related schedules; using assigned systems and tools (e.g. PASS) to input, track and report on work items.
Performs analysis of costs based on prevailing material and labor costs; recommends modifications to contractual arrangements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- Demonstrated experience organizing a demanding workload with the ability to work under pressure handling multiple tasks due in a tight timeframe. Advanced knowledge working with all aspects of construction and construction related documents.
- Expert knowledge of contracting methods, contract types, and acquisition planning and implementation of contracts to carry out pre-award and post-award procurement actions such as formal advertising negotiation, fixed price cost contracting, and use of special provisions and incentive programs.
- Professional knowledge of cost/price and market analysis techniques such as cost estimating sufficient to evaluate a contractor’s proposal and prepare a pre-negotiation position with justification.
- Advance knowledge and proven experience with all aspects of bids including responsiveness ranges, contractor responsibility and contractor performance measurements; and comprehensive knowledge of small purchasing arrangements, procedures and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of construction program management and project management, with demonstrated success in application of customer servicing and problem resolution skills including conducting root cause analyses; proven ability to manage projects from concept through implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of automated procurement support systems and Microsoft Office; advanced experience in working hands-on with web-based applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills required to respond effectively to requests and complaints.
WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in procurement; OR any combination of education and experience which exhibits the ability to perform satisfactorily in the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College required.
- Certification in public purchasing is desirable, but not required.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.