Financial Reporting Analyst I
Washington, DC 20005
Under limited supervision, compile, review, and/or transmit accurate financial results internally to the firm points of contact or externally to regulatory bodies (e.g., FHFA, SEC) for inclusion in board reports, news releases, and public financial reporting. Prepare complete, current, and accessible reports. Perform research and analyses requested by management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate in producing financial results to ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting is accurate, timely, and based upon internal and external reporting requirements.
- Responsible for supporting timely and accurate preparation of 10Q/10K filings; draft MD&A language, prepare and review financial statements, footnotes and other disclosures.
- Check data for reasonableness by reviewing past trends and changing conditions and by analyzing results against monthly forecasts. Bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management.
- Design new reports or enhance existing reporting to reflect changes in policy, market conditions, or to incorporate concepts expressed by senior management.
- Generate and post journal entries and prepare manual journal entries as required.
- Identify opportunities to add value to processes and reporting.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers.
- May document processes by writing specifications or requirements.
- May perform moderately complex financial reporting projects or participate as a team member on more complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- 3+ years Experience with SEC reporting, SEC filings, Investor Relations and accounting required; Big 4 or public CPA firm experience highly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and Regulation S-K and S-X
- CPA or CPA Candidate required;
- Ability to be flexible, multitask and re-prioritize work as the needs of business change
- Ability to interact effectively throughout the organization, develop cooperative relationships, and collect information
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills a must
- Ability to present findings and issues to senior management
- Workiva knowledge preferred
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.