Eligibility and Benefits Coordinator
Our organization provides and coordinates innovative, high quality, community-based care for individuals with complex needs and their families. It is our goal to empower all we serve to improve the quality of their lives.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing and assisting members with disabilities and their caregivers with the application process to acquire Social Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Income-related benefits. The Coordinator will also conduct outreach to identify program participants needing assistance and will establish and maintain positive relationships with area healthcare providers, service organizations, and government agencies.
- Active DC Registered Nurse license.
- At least five (5) years of medical and/or behavioral health case management experience in a hospital, clinic, health plan or other health/behavioral health care services agency.
- Previous experience assisting with disability applications.
- Understanding of and experience with SSA disability regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of public benefits rules and regulations.
Benefits: Health Insurance (including prescriptions, dental and vision); Life/AD&D Insurance; 403(b); Flexible Spending; EAP; Tuition assistance and professional development opportunities; Annual leave; Tax-free transit savings program; Federal credit union membership; Identity theft services; Domestic partner/same-sex marriage benefits
Please email your resume to email@example.com
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.