Washington, DC 20036
Coordinate all functions related to e-billing, including but not limited to:
- Set up of clients new to e-billing on appropriate e-billing software, as well as, e-Billing Hub. This requires timely communication between Billing Administrator and client, as well as, many times with appropriate firm personnel and the third party e-billing system representatives.
- Responsible for training the billing staff on usage of each individual e-billing system. Assist the staff with complex billing situations and troubleshooting e-billing issues.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all e-billing requirements. Communicate requirements to appropriate firm personnel and offers training where needed.
- Upload invoices into appropriate third party e-billing systems on an as needed basis.
- Review and analyze rejected invoices to determine how to correct the invoices in the appropriate manner.
- Prepare monthly reports on the bill status of all invoices in e-billing through acceptance. Follow-up with Partners, clients, billing staff and accounting as necessary regarding compliance with Outside Counsel Guidelines, e-billing setups, rejections, and short payments.
- Coordinate with the Billing Partners on entering matter id's and/or rates in Elite and the e-billing systems.
General Billing Duties
Each Administrator should communicate regularly with assigned staff on their team and the Senior Billing Manager concerning all functions of their daily responsibilities. The Billing Administrator will act as liaison between billing attorneys, billing secretaries, and clients. The Billing Administrator should respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner. The Billing Administrator should also be able to analyze and resolve work problems and assist team members as needed.
- Coordinate all the functions necessary for proper billing according to Department procedures, applying good accounting principles, using proper internal control procedures and good judgment.
- Assist with developing and defining plans to achieve monthly billing targets and meet Firm deadlines.
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reporting.
- Independently work on special projects and oversee special tasks as required.
- Provide training to billing staff and promote knowledge sharing within department.
- Oversee, assess and provide feedback on work product and performance of assigned staff to Senior Billing Manager as part of the performance review process.
- Analyze complex client billing arrangements and effectively manage for purposes of creating accurate invoices and adherence to outside client billing guidelines.
- Develop and maintain positive working relations with attorneys, clients and colleagues.
- Ensure adherence to Firm policies.
- Propose new policies and procedures in enhancing the process.
- Maintain documentation of billing policies and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position and other duties as assigned by Sr. Billing Manager, Director of Finance or CFO.
- Back-up for the Billing and Intake Compliance Administrator for the review of New Case Reports for consistency to the Engagement Letters.
- Set-up of billing exception rates and specific billing notes for clients and matters.
- Initial point of contact for NY Accounting team and 3 DC team members.
Communications: Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with a variety of customers; to converse tactfully over the telephone; to liaison with both external and internal customers; and be able to exchange information within the department for reporting and informational purposes.
Analysis: Ability to analyze and reconcile between the firm's billing system and the third party e-billing systems. Must be able to recognize cause for discrepancies between the two systems, and using independent judgment and discretion, must be able to negotiate an agreed upon resolution between firm and client.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.