Counselor - Offender Reentry
OFFENDER REENTRY COUNSELOR
This is a contract position in Public Health.
- Screening, Assessment and Clinical Service Coordination – Conduct screening, assessments and develop individualized reentry plans.
- Clinical Supervision – Meet with clinical case managers and community developer assistants to assign clients, direct, guide and monitor client progress.
- Provider/Systems Services Coordination – Work with multiple systems to coordinate services (DOC, DSS, DCPSC, Circuit Court, etc.).
- Provides Indirect Services – Maintain case files with relevant, up-to-date information.
- Court Reports, Court Appearance, Court Staffing and related Meetings – Assists to provide leadership of the Court team based on Reentry Court protocols and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
A master’s degree in psychology, social work or closely related field, plus one (1) year of counseling experience. Must have active clinical license in the State of Maryland (i.e. LCPC, LCSW, LGSW, LGSW). Knowledge of drug abuse prevention, treatment and rehabilitation. Knowledge of current literature in the field of offender reentry. Knowledge of counseling and interviewing skills and techniques. Knowledge of existing referral agencies and community resources. Ability to evaluate the severity of a client’s substance abuse and/or mental health problem and implement counseling efforts to alleviate the problem.
Hours: 8:030am to 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
Location: Hyattsville, MD
Contract: ASAP – June 28, 2019 (Possibility of an extension)
Pay Rate: $27.00 per hour
Please email your resume to email@example.com
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.