Copyright & Trademark Specialist
Washington, DC 20036
A well established law firm is seeking an experienced professional to support their Intellectual Property Division Washington, DC headquarters. The Copyright and Trademark Specialist will be responsible for providing support to attorneys and clients for trademark and copyright activities.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
• Assisting in the life cycle of trademark and copyright matters, including preparing and, filing documents in USPTO and Copyright Office, as well as, drafting and sending routine correspondence
• Responding to USPTO and Copyright Office communications, searches, and pre-litigation enforcement, such as cease and desist and DMCA takedown letters
• Managing dockets, preparing case documents, e-filings, and performing research
• Managing internal and external communications with the firm team, clients, docketing department and potential defendants, including providing timely and accurate case status updates
• Assisting with preparation of copyright licenses and Assignment documents
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
• A minimum of 3 years of trademark and copyright support experience, including partner-level practice management support
• Knowledge of federal rules, regulations, and U.S. and international Intellectual Property Law
• Ability to effectively utilize IP docketing software (Inprotech), and U.S. Copyright Office online resources
• Proficient knowledge and usage of document management system (WorkSite/FileSite)
• Ability to proactively work with legal staff to address matters in a collaborative manner
If you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team of individuals who are naturally ambitious and driven, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.