Washington, DC 20009
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop procurement documents and pre-negotiation position for construction solicitations, respond to request for information during solicitation period, etc., including prepare, execute and award construction contracts , terms and conditions, determine the type of contract and negotiation authority to be used and prepare required justification.
• Prepare and review authorizing documents, including Recommendations to Award for Department of General Services to ensure high standards of quality.
• Conduct Pre-Bid/Proposal conferences and participate in walkthroughs with bidders on site locations.
• Reviews purchase orders and contracts for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with government and agency policies and procedures; determines the most appropriate method of procurement; determines if requested items can be obtained via an existing contract; conducting pre-bid meeting and distribution of bid invitations
• Gathers, compiles and tabulates bids; evaluates price quotes and compares to specifications; researches vendors and evaluates their ability to provide quality materials, equipment, and services; selects or recommends the most advantageous bid; drafts final contract and notifying winning vendor
• Conducts market place analyses to construct pricing arrangement, subcontracting policy, and similar considerations; prepares and maintains current acquisition plans, milestone charts, and related schedules; using assigned systems and tools (e.g. PASS) to input, track and report on work items
• Performs basic analysis of costs based on prevailing material and labor costs; recommends modifications to contractual arrangements.
Job Requirements and Essential Skills:
• Demonstrated experience organizing a demanding workload with the ability to work under pressure handling multiple tasks due in a tight timeframe.
• Knowledge working with all aspects of constructions and construction related documents.
• Knowledge and proven experience with all aspects of conducting on-line bids and/or auctions including responsiveness ranges, performance measurements; and comprehensive knowledge of most common web-based bidding sites (i.e. eBay).
• Knowledge of construction project/ program management, with demonstrated success in application of customer servicing and problem resolution skills including conducting root cause analyses; proven ability to manage projects from concept through implementation.
• Excellent knowledge of automated procurement support systems and Microsoft Office; advanced experience in working hands-on with web-based applications.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills required to respond effectively to requests and complaints.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College required.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.