Washington, DC 20006
Our client is looking for a Legal Billing Analyst. This position will be responsible for the Firm's billing functions including all activities necessary to produce and distribute proformas and final invoices for each assigned attorney in a timely and accurate fashion.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
1. GENERAL BILLING DUTIES
Provide excellent customer service communicating completely and accurately with attorneys, secretaries, team members and clients.
- Regular communication with the Senior Billing Manager concerning all functions of their daily responsibilities.
- Must be able to process proformas, finalize invoices and run pertinent reports in adherence to the Firm's policy.
- Expected to work with attorneys/clients on desired presentation of the invoices.
- Must be able to analyze and resolve work problems and assist team members as needed.
2. PRODUCE CLIENT PROFORMAS
Coordinate all the functions necessary to produce proformas according to Department procedures.
Apply good accounting principles. Use proper internal control procedures and good judgment to ensure the following:
- Report queues are established for each assigned attorney
- Report queues are established for necessary reports to accompany the proforma package
- Proformas and reports are distributed promptly
3. PRODUCE CLIENT INVOICES
Review proformas and prepare final invoices including any relevant client requested back-up. Obtain appropriate approvals.
Each Billing Analyst should be able to:
- Process and review proformas for assigned attorneys
- Review proformas for compliance with Department policies
- Research erroneous time and cost entries and make relevant transfers
- Make text edits
- Divide and combine entries
- Perform split billing
- Adjust unbilled time and cost entries as requested by the attorney
- Add discounts to the invoice
- Ability to update Whitehill bill formats
- Review invoices for Outside Counsel Guidelines compliance
- Print invoices for attorney review
- Verify invoice totals with system totals before finalizing and mailing invoices
- Update notes regularly in billing system and on billing status report
Coordinate all functions related to e-billing, including but not limited to:
- Set up of clients new to e-billing on appropriate e-billing software, as well as e-Billing Hub
- Successfully upload invoices in compliance with department guidelines
- Correct rejected invoices and communicate with attorneys as appropriate in a timely manner in accordance with department guidelines
- Maintain updated spreadsheets on the bill status of invoices
- Coordinate the matter and/or rates being added into Elite
5. SPECIAL REQUESTS
Assist with other duties as assigned and special projects as assigned by the Senior Billing Manager.
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with a variety of customers; to converse tactfully over the telephone and in person; to liaison with both external and internal customers; and be able to exchange information within the department for reporting and informational purposes.
Minimum of 5 years of experience with applicable law firm billing software is required, at least 3 of which is with Elite Enterprise. E-billing experience is required with e-Billing Hub experience preferred. Excel, Windows and Word experience is required. Ability to organize high volume of work flow, work independently, multi-task, meet deadlines, attention to detail and problem solve.
- Minimum of 5 years of legal billing experience required
- BA in accounting or business related field with applicable accounting courses preferred
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with a variety of customers (lawyers, accountants, secretaries, IT, etc.)
- Detail oriented and able to work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines
- Ability to work overtime as needed
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.