Accounts Payable Analyst
District of Columbia, WA 20036
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for auditing and processing travel and expense reimbursements, processing domestic and foreign invoices, performing vendor statement reconciliations, documenting procedures, and other Accounts Payable duties as assigned.
Must possess sharp, acute technical skillfulness for efficient processing of multiple electronic file uploads while ensuring correctness and balancing upon reconciliation. Must exhibit keen ingenuity in order to troubleshoot and resolve problem data prior to finalizing transactions in the accounting system.
Requires strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, and deliver prompt, professional responsiveness to all communications. Must provide high-volume processing with accuracy and efficiency in fast-paced department, while meeting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. TRAVEL AND EXPENSE DUTIES:
Thoroughly comprehend the firm's Travel and Expense Policy, and provide full enforcement of rules and procedures proactively and independently with polished and tactful responsiveness. Provide in-depth training to attorneys, secretaries, and administrative staff regarding adhering to the firm's T&E Policy.
Process travel and expense reimbursements efficiently under strict, bi-weekly ACH deposit schedule using Chrome River Expense web application. Ensure proper approvals, supporting receipt documentation, and account coding.
Administer detailed end-user instruction, to include thorough new-hire training, either in person or through remote connectivity on expense report and pre-approval creation, submission, and tracking through Chrome River Expense.
2. ELECTRONIC VENDOR FILE UPLOAD DUTIES:
Process numerous electronic vendor file uploads, either from files obtained by email or through portals. Manage various types of platform data adjustments and corrections. Adhere to multi-step import procedures. Thorough review for accuracy is essential.
3. FOREIGN DISBURSEMENT DUTIES:
Use Global Exchange international payment application to process payment of foreign invoices by wire transfer and draft. Requires critical attention to detail in order to accurately identify appropriate global currencies, prepare proper coding, and execute timely payment. Upload and modify payment batches into accounting system for posting.
4. VENDOR STATEMENT DUTIES:
Perform thorough research and reconciliation of vendor statements. Obtain missing invoices and follow up with approvers to ensure invoices are returned to Accounts Payable for timely processing.
5. DOCUMENTATION DUTIES:
Prepare step-by-step process instructions, necessary for Accounts Payable Department cross-training and for internal audit purposes. Construct Chrome River Expense end-user quick reference guides and PowerPoint presentations for firmwide training sessions. Perform required updates as needed.
OTHER DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Process check requests and pay vendors according to firm policy and Accounts Payable procedures
- Complete daily rush check processing
- Apply correct sales and use tax when applicable
- Distribute signed checks promptly
- Handle petty cash distribution and balancing
- Process voids, stop payments, reissues, and soft costs
- Deliver cashier's check requests and deposits to the bank
- Maintain organized files
- Provide prompt and accurate responses to Accounts Payable inquires
- Assist other team members as needed, especially during month-end closing
- Provide coverage support when team members are out of the office
- Meet month-end closing deadlines
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of Accounts Payable experience. Law firm experience is preferred.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business related field with applicable accounting courses preferred. Transcript may be requested.
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and experience on an integrated accounting package are required. Elite Enterprise accounting software, Chrome River Expense web application, and Global Exchange international payment application required.
- Proficient 10-key data entry technique for high volume processing is required.
- Ability to organize and process high-volume work flow, work independently and problem solve.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with a variety of customers; to converse tactfully over the telephone and by email; to liaison with both internal and external vendors; and be able to exchange information within the department for reporting and informational purposes.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.