District of Columbia, DC
Seeking an Accounting Assistant to join a prestigious and established law firm located in the Washington, D.C. area. The firm has been practicing law since the 1980's. They specialize in non-profits, education, government relations and healthcare. The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for assisting the accounting department with a variety of tasks such as filing, processing payroll, maintaining payroll records, reporting and accounts receivable in addition to light administrative tasks too.
Hours: 9-5:30pm (flexible)
37.5 hour work week anything over 40 hours you will be paid at 1.5 times the regular hourly rate
The firm offers stellar benefit's (health insurance, dental insurance, accrued paid time off, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k and profit sharing)!
- Supports the Billing Supervisor.
- Assists with editing, formatting, production and mailing of client bills.
- Maintaining billing files.
- Generates reports.
- Client projects.
- Coordinate and ensures the accuracy of all benefits and other deductions with Human Resources.
- Maintain payroll benefits matrix.
- Accurately enter and maintain demographic and salary data in payroll software.
- Enter payroll hours on a semi-monthly basis.
- Reconcile input to payroll before and after transmitting.
- Prepare check request for payroll withholdings (such as PAC).
- Process payroll, on time and accurately, in compliance with state and federal regulations.
*Interested, please forward your resume to Andrea Wilkinson at email@example.com for immediate consideration! Questions may be directed to 301-998-4690.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field required.
- Experience working in law firm billing and accounting a plus.
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and understanding of general and subsidiary ledgers concepts.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.