Washington, DC 20036
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for the firm's accounts receivable functions including all activities necessary to apply payments received. Responsible for the firm's accounts payable functions including all activities necessary to process check requests, invoices and credits.
Requires strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, and deliver prompt, professional responsiveness to all communications. Must provide high-volume processing with accuracy and efficiency in fast-paced department, while meeting daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
1. ACCOUNT RECEIVABLE DUTIES:
- Process daily cash receipts for entire firm efficiently and accurately on a daily basis. If no remittance information is provided, should do necessary research to determine proper application of the payment.
- Enter cash receipts into cash receipts database daily for all other offices (NY, LA, SF and BOS).
- Process credit card payments -- communicate directly with client over the phone.
- Process write offs
- Reallocate payments
- Reconcile client accounts billing and payment
- Provide statements of accounts and other collection reports
- Responsible for sending out a firm wide email for any unidentified payments received and Daily Cash Total to Partners
- Communicate to respective attorneys/secretaries any overpayments or short payments as they are received
2. ACCOUNTS PAYABLE DUTIES:
- Process check requests, invoices and credits
- Ensure all check requests, invoices and credits are properly approved according to firm's approval limits
- Review invoices to ensure proper coding of expenses and cost codes
- Complete daily rush check processing
- Apply correct sales and use tax when applicable
- Distribute signed checks promptly
- Process voids, stop payments, reissues, and soft costs as assigned
- Deliver cashier's check requests to the bank as requested
- Perform thorough research and reconciliation of vendor statements. Obtain missing invoices from the vendor and follow-up with approvers to ensure invoices are returned to Accounting for timely processing.
- Obtain new vendor W9 forms
- Assist with research & reconciliation of outstanding checks
3. OTHER DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintain organized files
- Provide prompt and accurate responses to inquiries
- Assist other team members as needed, especially during month-end closing
- Provide coverage support when team members are out of the office
- Meet month-end closing deadlines
Assist with other duties as assigned and special projects as assigned by the Senior Accounts Receivable Manager, Senior Accounts Payable Manager or the Accounts Payable Administrator.
Communications: Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with a variety of customers; to converse tactfully over the telephone and by email; to liaison with both external and internal customers; and be able to exchange information within the department for reporting and informational purposes.
Technical: Excel, Windows, Outlook, Word, and experience on an integrated accounting package are required. Proficient 10-key data entry technique for high volume processing is required. Ability to organize high volume of work flow, work independently, multi-task, meet deadlines, attention to detail and problem solve.
- Minimum of 3 years of legal accounting experience required.
- BA in accounting or business related field with applicable accounting courses preferred
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with a variety of customers (lawyers, accountants, secretaries, IT, etc.)
- Detail oriented and able to work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines
- Ability to work overtime as needed
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.