Fast paced law firm seeks an Accounting Assistant with an accounting background. You must be able to multi-task and be proficient in email and Microsoft office tools. Job responsibilities includes accounts payable, accounts receivable and outstanding communication skills.
- Recording accounts payable and reconcile
- Understand all vendor terms and accepted payment methods and assist in maintaining vendor accounts
- Enter payroll hours bi-monthly
- Reconcile payroll before and after transmitting
- Ensuring proper documentation of all expenses in line with company policies.
- Prepare check requests.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of intercompany or shared expenses
- Assist with invoicing and collection of Accounts Receivable
- Process bank deposits daily
- Handle W-9s
- Handle confidential information and material.
- Any other AR/AP duties as needed
- Assists Billing Supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field required.
- Experience working in law firm billing and accounting a plus.
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and understanding of general and subsidiary ledgers concepts.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Proficiency in mathematics.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.