AP & AR Specialist
Seeking an AP & AR Specialist for a prestigious law firm located in the Washington metropolitan area. The firm is about a 125 person firm. The firm has been in business for over 40 years and specializes in benefits, retirement, and health care law. The AP & AR Specialist will be supporting 5-7 attorneys. The ideal person for this position will possess strong accounting, organizational and communication skills.
- Verify and obtain approvals
- Pay and collect vendor invoices in a timely, accurate manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures
- Post daily cash receipts
- Monitor the processing of and adjustments to electronic invoices by utilizing various electronic billing systems and eHub
- Resolve rejections
- Gather information and documentation requested by clients to ensure payment
- Work with the billing department to successfully resolve any billing issues
- Provide data as requested for preparation of reports and forecasting projections
- Interact with clients and applicable departments to resolve payment discrepancies, including follow-up to obtain client posting and refund instructions
*Interested, please forward your resume to Andrea Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and 3-5 years’ experience in accounts payable/receivable, preferably in a law firm
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Excel skills, such as pivot tables and VLOOKUP functionality, is a plus
- Familiarity with accounting software; Aderant experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Your Recruiter
NRI is a top leading boutique staffing firm that has been in business for over 53 years, supporting private and public firms in the Washington Metropolitan Area. As an Account Manager in Accounting/Finance, I have the pleasure of connecting and building relationships with CFOs, Tax Managers, Bookkeepers, Payroll Specialists, Property Managers and Entry-level Accountants. I am always seeking new talent and relationships to build & work with. Call or email me today, email@example.com / 301-998-4690.