Seeking a Staff Accountant for a Property Management firm located in the McLean, VA area. Responsible for full general ledger accounting functions for an assigned portfolio of commercial real estate properties. This position will report to the Controller. The ideal person must possess critical thinking, good organization, communication and follow-up skills. This is a great opportunity for someone who is seeking advancement in their accounting career and has a passion/interest in the real estate industry.
• Assist with the day to day operations of the general ledger accounting processes and activities
• Monthly/ quarterly account transaction closing and cut-off date
• Prepare and analyze financial statements, including current monthly, quarterly and year to date variances
• Journal entries
• Monthly financial packages for owners and lender compliance
• Prepare and maintain balance sheet supporting schedules including capital improvements, straight line rents, and depreciation as required
• Monitoring of cash flow for each property
• Preparing monthly site billings for management fees
• Prepare lender draw packages for submission in compliance with loan requirements
• Assist in schedule preparation and review in annual budget process
• Prepare year-end audit and tax packages as required
*Interested candidates, please forward your resume to Andrea Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration!
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or CPA candidate is a plus
• Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience
• Advanced MS Excel skills (pivot tables, V-look ups, macros)
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• MRI, Yardi (preferred)
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.