District of Columbia, DC
Seeking a Staff Accountant to join a unique non-profit organization located in the DC area. The ideal person in this role will need 2-3 yrs. of non-profit accounting exp. This is a great opportunity for someone who has full cycle accounting experience and has a passion working in the non-profit industry. The organization is located near the Mt Vernon Sq./7th St-Convention Center metro station.
Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Pay: $22-28/hr DOE
- Review all invoices and check requests for accuracy and relevant authorization
• Assign appropriate accounting code, department and task
• Process check requests, wire transfers and ACH payments
• Maintain AP vendor files (address, W-9, etc.)
• Perform weekly scanning and filing of all payables transactions
• Prepare monthly analysis of AP accounts
• Prepare monthly analysis of AR accounts and create/send out relevant invoices
• Prepare all cash deposits and maintain the Deposits binder
• Update monthly Revenue History file
• Prepare all cash receipts, cash disbursements and other entries for month-end
• Verify the accuracy of consultants’ payments against contracts’ schedule
• Resolve invoice discrepancies as needed
• Reconcile corporate credit cards on a monthly basis and maintain activity spreadsheet
• Correspond with vendors/employees and respond to inquiries
• Assist with bi-weekly payroll
• Prepare 1099s and other year-end close activities
• Assist team with month-end, year-end closing and audit activities
*Interested candidate's, please forward your resume to Andrea Wilkinson at email@example.com for immediate consideration. Questions may be directed to 301-998-4690.
- BS in Accounting/Finance
- 2-3ys of non-profit accounting exp.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong Excel skills
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.