Laurel, MD 20723
We are currently seeking a Sales Representative in the Laurel, MD Area within our team of experienced professionals. The right candidate will be able to direct and coordinate multi-craft sales and services including insulation, painting, scaffold rental, erection and dismantlement services, construction activities and other types of access solutions and fall protection equipment, to achieve world class customer satisfaction while minimizing product and service cost.
• Create and execute a sales plan/budget to meet operations goals. • Understand the market and what drives customer success. Identify market opportunities and create winning strategies. • Establish relationships with new and existing customers to develop and maintain long term multi-craft services contracts. Work with customers and our services team to develop creative cost-effective solutions. • Perform job walks and review prints/plans to prepare customer proposals. Routinely travel throughout assigned territory making sales calls. • Provide sound written business correspondence in the form of letters, sales proposals, service contracts, etc. • Represent Brand in a professional and ethical manner with integrity. • Provide solution/results orientated presentations to customers as well as to Brand management.
COMPETENCY To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Customer Focus
• Problem Solving
• Communication Skills
• Conflict Management
• Self Knowledge
• Organization - Can utilize resources to get things done effectively and efficiently.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Ability to create excellent working relationships with senior management • Ability to effectively work within a matrix organization • Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy and confidence • Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills. • Requires ability to conduct presentations in front of senior management for both Brand and customers. • Travel required to meet customer and business needs with in the Maryland/Washington DC Area. Estimated at 75% travel.
• 4-year degree in business a plus but not required.
• 3-5 years of experience or a combination of education and experience in industrial sales.
• Must have some estimating understanding/experience in scaffolding, insulation, coatings, paint, etc.
• Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Most work is in the field, visiting job sites. When working in the office, office environment with concentration in using personal computers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT • Normal office working environment. This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities required of employees assigned to this position.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.