Registered Nurse (ER)
Prince George's County , MD | Healthcare
Actively searching for quick thinking, decisive and passionate RN candidates that have emergency room (ER) experience. ER nurses must work to quickly assess the needs of each patient, prioritize care based on its critical nature, and work to stabilize a patient, treat the problem, discharge the patient after the emergency is over or make arrangements for a longer hospital stay. Sounds like you? Email your resume to email@example.com
Key job skills:
- Critical-Thinking Skills: Nurses will need to assess a patient's health, as well as detect changes in symptoms, health or pain, and will need to know when action is necessary.
- Compassion: Nurses help people. They should be sympathetic to a patient's needs, and be able to deal with people in various states of pain, trauma and tragedy.
- Attention to Detail: Nurses can help doctors operate, administer medicines and work with specific treatments that, if wrong could prove fatal. Attention to detail is crucial.
- Organizational Skills: Nurses will face multiple patients, with differing needs, stages of health and risks. Being organized and knowing how to prioritize will be helpful.
- Calm under Pressure: ER Nurses face urgent, life-or-death situations almost daily. Being able to function in the heat of emergency will be necessary.
- Patience: Giving care under stressful circumstances requires patience.
- Communication Skills: Nurses communicate directly with patients who are scared, in pain or in shock. Families will have questions and want answers. Good nurses need to be patient listeners and good communicators to help keep everyone calm and help them understand the situation.
- Active Maryland RN license
- 1-2+ years of Emergency Room experience
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- Current CPR card
- Ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgement
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.