Payroll & Benefits Specialists
Arlington, VA 20330 | Payroll & Benefits
- Manages the workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintains and processes payroll records and reports for accounting of salary, accruals, deductions and other payroll functions
- Responsible for processing, recording and payment of employee expense reimbursements
- Responsible for semi-monthly payroll submission through integrated Payroll system
- Responsible for facilitating payment of monthly UK payroll – works with UK Payroll consultants to process payroll for UK employees; includes sending new employee information and changes in compensation to consultants and reviewing/approving payroll on monthly basis via online portal
- Understands and ensures proper taxation of employer-paid benefits
- Coordinates changes in contributions and withdrawals from 401(k) plans and annual Form 5500 filing
- Process and manage Health Savings Account and related employee inquiries
- Processes garnishment calculations, if any, and ensures employer taxes are filed and submitted; responsible for various annual and monthly payroll-related filings for the company
- Processes accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2 and 1099)
- Responsible for completion of the payroll journal entry for review and final approval by Accounting Department; assistance in other areas of the Accounting function as needed
- Contributes to annual audit process.
- Responsible for benefits administration including maintaining electronic and other records, and processing and reconciling monthly benefit invoices
- Oversees processing of immigration compliance (OPT/CPT, H1B's, green cards)
- Assists with new hire onboarding, including the administration and communication of the company’s benefits program in regard to plan options, policy features, and other requirements
- Assists in coordinating the annual open enrollment process for the organization
- Assists employees with benefits-related questions/inquiries, works with employees and broker to resolve issues, and provides clarification and guidance on policies and procedures
- Maintains accrued PTO and leave records
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in Payroll and Human Resources
- Experience with integrated Payroll/HRIS systems
- Familiarity with accounting software and programs. Experience with Quickbooks and Netsuite Open Air a plus; Microsoft Excel proficiency required
- Familiarity with international Payroll and Human Resources (including immigration) a plus
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Highly detail-oriented, accurate and organized
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Once you have applied to this position, your application will be reviewed for qualification matches that our client(s) are seeking. You will be contacted for a brief phone screen where we will discuss your skills and experience in more detail and learn more about what you are looking to gain from your job search.
You will be invited in for an in person interview where we will further discuss your qualifications and any companies that we feel your skills are a strong match for and go over next steps. We are constantly marketing our candidates directly to our clients and have a high success rate of securing interviews for our candidates.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com.
Thanks and good luck!
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.