Legal Assistant - Temp-to-Hire
Busy Personal Injury firm is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to support a busy practice. this is a solid 8-5 or 9-6 opportunity. Responsibilities include:
- Drafting letters
- Request medical records & follow up
- Court system filing
- Managing lawyers scheduling
- Correspondence with clients, opposing law firms, and experts.
- Assisting and preparing for trial by preparing trial notebooks, exhibits, and files.
- Drafting and answering discoveries
- Work directly with the attorneys in determining and executing litigation plans and strategies
- Conduct legal research
- Conduct searches for health insurance liens
- 2 plus years experience in complex litigation with concentration in plaintiffs personal injury or medical malpractice.
- Skilled with Needles database, LexisNexis, Westlaw
- Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Reliable and Dependable
- Knowledge with VA Court Rules
- Experience in filing in the VA Court system and the Federal Court system
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.