Washington, DC 20036 | Financial Analyst
- Compiling and analyzing daily cash activity and preparing the daily cash snapshot report.
- Monitor the client’s cash accounts and balances to ensure accurate processing of payments (ACH, wire) cash accounting and general ledger posting of the cash activity.
- Review for accuracy and completeness the general journal entries each day that reflect incoming and outgoing investment/cash transactions
- Post entries to the accounting system in compliance with the CFO’s 48-hour posting guideline
- Designing reports of the client’s investment and cash management activities and assist the Cash and Investments Manager in the preparation of comprehensive investment income and cash flow projections and transaction reports
- Conduct security research and conduct mutual fund due diligence
- Assist with upkeep and distribution of bank and investment statements in the absence of the Financial Manager in the Cash Management Unit
- Executes wires to the federal government and ACH transfers to and from the client’s bank accounts and prepare journal(s) to record wire.
Also; the incumbent will be responsible for the management of the District’s Defined Contribution Retirement Plan and Other Post-Employment Benefits Fund.
- Monitor operations, including all communications and facilitating meetings with District agencies
- Assess and coordinate education meetings
- Monitor investments, assess investment performance, and serve as liaison between various departments
- Contract administration
- Review benefit plans
- Establish accounts for retirees
- Monthly billing
- Interface with vendors providing services to the plans, and the select and review of service providers, including the master custodian and investment managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Expert Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience with investment in fixed income (money market instruments, bills and bonds)
- Strong financial analysis skills and ability to interpret data e. Knowledge of investment accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills g. Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent planning and organizational skill
Once you have applied to this position, your application will be reviewed for qualification matches that our client(s) are seeking. You will be contacted for a brief phone screen where we will discuss your skills and experience in more detail and learn more about what you are looking to gain from your job search.
You will be invited in for an in person interview where we will further discuss your qualifications and any companies that we feel your skills are a strong match for and go over next steps. We are constantly marketing our candidates directly to our clients and have a high success rate of securing interviews for our candidates.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and good luck!
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.