Director of Health Services
Fairfax, VA | Registered Nurse
The Director of Health Services is responsible for maintaining up-to-date health records, for research and writing policies and for being the primary contact at a prominent private school in Fairfax County for all health related matters.
- Communicate with the community regarding yearly forms and major health issues that may impact the community.
- Serves as a point of contact for the community with regards to new enrollment forms and answering questions of policy and procedure.
- Serves as point of contact for Magnus (EMR) related questions
- Maintains contact with local health department authorities for immunization updates and changes and illness outbreaks.
- Serves as main point of contact for reporting compliance with state laws requiring immunization and exclusion of students with contagious diseases.
- Implements school health policies, procedures and guidelines in collaboration with school administration and Virginia Department of Health.
- Reviews absence report to identify high rate of illness in certain grades, requests additional cleaning of classrooms
- Reviews JK forms to meet state licensure requirements
- Oversees epi-pen OSHA annual training/requirements
- Inventories clinic supplies.
- Orders/purchases replacement supplies for the clinic.
- Manage the budget for the school clinic.
- Prepares duplicate paperwork for all registered Extended Day students.
- Arrange for the TB clinic and flu shot clinics
- VA unencumbered RN License
- BSN from an accredited university
- 5 years' acute nursing experience and 2 years' experience as a school RN
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, and EMR systems
- Ability to direct and spearhead healthcare related initiatives
- Supervise a staff of 2 employees
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.