District of Columbia, DC | Biller
International law firm located in the DC metro area is seeking a dynamic and experienced Sr. Billing Coordinator. The Billing Coordinator will be working very closely with the Billing Operations Supervisor regarding electronic billing implementations firm wide and ongoing maintenance of electronic billing processes and systems. The firm has been around for decades and is well known on an international basis for the work they do with climate and environmental changes.
- Coordinate with client and vendor contacts to set up and adjust ebilling accounts, including updating of timekeeper rosters and rates, in tandem with the pricing team
- Ensure bills are in compliance with client and firm guidelines
- Coordinate vendor system updates for input and update of accruals, budgets or other required information for matters to process invoices
- Work with attorneys and billing coordinators to review and address client adjustments and rejections on ebills
- Helping to troubleshoot and resolve issues in order to confirm successful uploads
- Monitor ebilling uploads and status of invoices to confirm bills have been approved and processed for payment; posting in firm financial system once approved
- Develop and modify bill templates as needed, using DocuDraft
- Works with Billing Operations Supervisor to provide technical oversight for ebilling-related issues, including testing and troubleshooting system issues with IT and maintenance of billing-related templates
- Process and run billing reports for Billing Coordinators, providing analysis on special billing arrangements, assistance with accruals, ad hoc inquiries and other special projects as needed
*Interested candidates, please forward your resume to Andrea Wilkinson at email@example.com for immediate consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ yrs exp. in accounting (prefer law firm or other large professional services organization)
- Understanding of ebilling processes, preferably in a large law firm environment
- General understanding of databases and table structures
- Knowledge of and working familiarity with LEDES 1998B, LEDES 2000 (XML), and LEDES XML E-billing versions 2 / 2.1,
- Knowledge of and working familiarity with various electronic billing systems including, but not limited to, Serengeti/Legal Tracker, TyMetrix 360, Datacert/Passport, CounselLink, Collaborati, doeLegal Ascent, and Corridor/eCounsel
- Microsoft Office Outlook and Word, with strong working knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookups
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.