Bilingual Project Legal Assistant
District of Columbia, DC 20036 | Legal Assistant
International law firm has an opening for a Bilingual Project Legal Assistant to their legal staff in preparing for depositions, due diligence investigations, pre and post-closing transactional work, document productions, and hearings and trials in English and Spanish.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with assembly of exhibits and appendices for court papers, depositions, and trials.
- Organize paper and electronic documents for use in depositions or trials
- Maintain, index and organize case files and workrooms.
- Index and organize files for off-site storage
- Assist with document collection, review and production
- Prepare for and attend depositions, hearings, trials and arbitration as directed
- File and obtain documents at various courts and agencies
- Utilize legal research software
- Support attorneys and legal assistants in transactional closings
- Schedule lien searches and filings
Ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to speak, read and write English and Spanish fluently
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, with a bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Have excellent academic record
- Have superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a large workload efficiently and effectively
- Be highly detail-oriented
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
If you meet the criteria, please apply.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.