A/P Assistant - $21-23/hr
District of Columbia, DC | Accounts Payable
AP Clerk needed ASAP for an amazing non-profit organization located in the DC metro area! The organization is heavily involved with the community, catering to women and children. The organization is a lovely, bright, and welcoming environment to work in. Their main mission is to give back to their community! This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is seeking growth in AP. This is a contract position offering an hourly rate of $21-23/hr, with the potential of possibly converting to a perm position offering a salary in the high 40's!
- Reviews, codes and enter all invoices, check request, Petty Cash and expense reimbursements into accounting software in a timely manner
- Distributes invoices to appropriate managers for authorization in a timely manner
- Assure invoices are matched with Purchase Orders, and purchase orders are properly coded to the appropriate program, grant and site codes
- Reviews Account Payable aging reports regularly, identifies vendors to be paid and submits aging report with suggested payments to Controller orCFO for approval for weekly check runs
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business preferred. Minimum requirement: Associate's Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Must have two – three years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Exp. with GP Dynamics is a plus
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.