Germantown, MD | Healthcare
We're looking for an experienced Surgical Technician who can work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment and provide our patients with the care and support they need prior to surgery. The Surgical Technician will work directly with the surgeon and the circulating registered nurse. The position's duties are highly variable, so the successful candidate must be willing to change direction at a moment's notice and keep pace with the other OR professionals on staff. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate review!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure and prepare all supplies required for surgical intervention
- Ensure the preparation and maintenance of the sterile field in OR
- Perform instrument counts prior to each procedure
- Prepare patient skin for surgical treatment
- Position and re-position patient during surgery
- Help monitor patients during surgery
- Provide supportive care during the pre-operative phase
- Perform scrub functions
- Collect and label specimens taken during surgical procedure
- Follow all federal, state and departmental safety procedures
- High school diploma/GED required
- 3+ years’ experience in a hospital
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Familiarity with all surgical instruments and equipment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Working knowledge of sterile and aseptic technique
- Successful completion of an ORT program certified by the Association of Surgical Technologists is required.
Send resume to email@example.com for immediate review!
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.