Substance Abuse Counselor
Prince George's County , MD
- Position: Counselor
- Position Type: Contract, Full Time
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Location: Suitland, MD
We are working with an organization who is looking for a substance abuse counselor for a jail based program. The counselor would be responsible to perform the following duties:
- Assess client needs for drug treatment, mental health, vocational, social, and other services
- Develop client care plan with measurable goals
- Conduct clinical assessment on clients
- Facilitate effective group services to clients
- Ensure clients participate in assigned treatment plans
- Manage crises and recommend appropriate resolutions
- Active clinical license in the State of Maryland
- At least 1 year of professional experience
- Knowledge of drug abuse prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation
If you, or anyone you know, are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to AWhite@nri-staffing.com.
This would be a great opportunity for someone with a strong background in correctional medicine or working in a court setting.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.