Reston, VA | Staff Accountant
As a key member of the team the Staff Accountant will assist the Senior Accountant and Controller with general accounting/finance responsibilities and provide top-level support to fellow co-workers. The successful candidate will demonstrate a desire to be part of a growing team, show initiative and demonstrate a professional level of accounting and/or finance comprehension.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
• Monitor and reconcile manufacturing / inventory GL accounts and activity;
• Perform monthly close routines and prepares the reconciliation of GL accounts such as fixed asset, prepaid expense and accrued expense schedules;
• Reviews expense report processing in accounting system(s) for policy compliance;
• Provides research and analysis to resolve accounting discrepancies;
• Monitors and provides analysis of open purchase orders with invoice to ensure adequate controls over AP entry and related payments;
• Prepares sales invoices within accounting system; • Assists with cash management and related weekly/monthly reporting;
• Supports payroll and related processes on semi-monthly basis; • Supports Account Payables and payment activities;
• Assists with the month-end financial reporting and variance analysis; • Assists with annual financial audit;
• Implements and assists with the modification of the Company accounting control procedures;
• Completes and maintains regulatory tax filings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
• Supports various projects on system improvements and enhancements;
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Bachelors degree in accounting or business related field;
• A minimum of four years accounting experience in technology related industry;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; • Meticulous attention to detail;
• Comprehensive grasp of accounting principles and how to apply them;
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Advanced Excel).
Once you have applied to this position, your application will be reviewed for qualification matches that our client(s) are seeking. You will be contacted for a brief phone screen where we will discuss your skills and experience in more detail and learn more about what you are looking to gain from your job search.
You will be invited in for an in person interview where we will further discuss your qualifications and any companies that we feel your skills are a strong match for and go over next steps. We are constantly marketing our candidates directly to our clients and have a high success rate of securing interviews for our candidates.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com.
Thanks and good luck!
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.