Reston, VA | Accountant
The Senior Accountant is a key member of the finance team responsible for significant contribution to ensure the compliance and integrity of revenue recognition policies and general ledger accounting management. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of accounting concepts and the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks effectively.
As a key member of the team the Senior Accountant will assist the Controller with general accounting /finance responsibilities and provide top-level support to fellow co-workers.
- Perform monthly close routines and assist with the management of the monthly close schedule;
- Prepare and review journal entries to include sufficient documentation/support;
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments and locations;
- Provides guidance and training to team members, as needed;
- Responsible for invoicing all revenue activities including recurring monthly revenue;
- Review sales contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition;
- Analyze and understand complete product line/offerings and revenue/expense streams to ensure proper revenue recognition;
- Ensure ERP system product code and revenue arrangements are correctly setup in the financial system;
- Prepare and maintain revenue schedule for VSOE revenue recognition consideration and compliance;
- Provides research and analysis to resolve accounting discrepancies;
- Maintains various monthly balance sheet reconciliation schedules to ensure ledger accuracy;
- Assists with the month-end financial reporting and variance analysis;
- Assists with annual financial audit;
- Identifies system inefficiencies or issues and provides solutions for system(s) enhancement;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment to exchange information and support
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Comprehensive grasp of accounting principles and how to apply them
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or business related field.
- 4-6 years of related accounting experience with a minimum of 2-year public accounting experience with Big 4 Firms.
- Strong MS Excel skills (pivot tables, look-ups, etc.)
- Active CPA is desired
- Information Technology experience is a plus
- NetSuite experience preferred
Once you have applied to this position, your application will be reviewed for qualification matches that our client(s) are seeking. You will be contacted for a brief phone screen where we will discuss your skills and experience in more detail and learn more about what you are looking to gain from your job search.
You will be invited in for an in person interview where we will further discuss your qualifications and any companies that we feel your skills are a strong match for and go over next steps. We are constantly marketing our candidates directly to our clients and have a high success rate of securing interviews for our candidates.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and good luck!
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.