District of Columbia, DC US
This is a work from home opportunity, there will scheduled client visits to complete assessments at there group home . This is a long term contract ( 3 to 5 years ) reviewers for Developmentally Disabled residential population for Dc mainly adolescence.
MUST BE A DC RESIDENT
Monday through Friday
8am to 5pm
Vacation and Sick Pay.
If you have 3 to 4 years working experience in Group home taking care of individuals who are intellectual and / or developmental disabilities ( IDD ) this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Conducts detailed evaluations of provider performance and the presence of person-centered supports using applicable tools and guidelines.
• Initiates contact with service providers to establish interview and review schedules and discuss associated protocols, expectations, and responsibilities.
• Conducts interviews with individuals with I/DD, family members, providers of services and/or direct service staff.
• Observes the service environment, follows professional protocols to gather pertinent information and collects relevant data.
• Reviews required documentation to evaluate supports and services and gather pertinent information regarding the quality of the person-centered service delivery system.
• Administers and makes determinations based upon the information gathered from individual interviews and provider reviews in a manner that meets established proficiency standards.
• Establishes and maintains a positive and respectful approach with individuals/family members/providers/support coordinators throughout the review process.
• Uses professional judgment and discretion to determine when a report of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation is warranted or a referral to state staff is necessary to maintain the health and safety of individuals receiving services through the Medicaid Waiver program.
• Takes immediate action in the case of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation by reporting directly to required officials and follows established protocols as a mandated reporter.
• Inputs data into a web-based application, summarizes findings, generates recommendations for quality improvement and completes a written report for submission to the provider/support coordinator/contractor or other entity in accordance with pre-established timeframes.
• Captures information to determine the necessity of further survey activity.
• Participates actively and effectively in associate development activities such as conference calls, professional meetings, and annual training activities.
To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of Associates degree (Bachelor's degree in a human services field preferred). At least three year of human service, medical, or other experience in the areas of quality, Medicaid, certification, service delivery surveying or related work, with a minimum of one year of experience in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities. Exceptions must be approved by the state. Based on contract requirements, specific degree or certification may be required.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common journals, reports, and documents; Ability to independently respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the community;
• Ability to write professional reports that conform to prescribed style and format; Ability to effectively present information to team members and customers.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and customers;
• Ability to listen effectively and establish and maintain a professional environment when interacting with all levels of internal/external staff or providers.
look forward to hearing from you
Please send your resume to email@example.com
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
I have had the pleasure of working with NRI for over 25 years . In those years I have managed several teams from Administrative, Accounting and Finance and Health care. In the last year and half my mine focus has been in Health care, due to the very large demand in this field.