Rockville, MD | Healthcare
We are a premier provider of neurological services in the Washington DC metro area. Our single specialty practice was started in 1969 in downtown Washington, DC. Additional offices were established in suburban Maryland and elsewhere as the practice grew and added physicians. Our group has long maintained a reputation for excellence. We provide extensive neurophysiology testing at most office locations. We are pleased to announce our new partnership with a clinical research firm where we will conduct clinical trials on a host of neurological diseases. Our physicians are well represented in the listing of Top Doctors in "Washingtonian Magazine" and are recognized as well by their inclusion in other local and national peer-selected listings of excellent doctors.
Primary Functions: Assists physicians in providing excellent care in an out-patient setting to patients with a large variety of cognitive and neurological disorders.
- Assess, examine and diagnose follow-up patients.
- Work collaboratively with physician and seek direction and advice on any complex issues.
- Identify and direct complex cases to the physician for case handling and disposition.
- Prescribe medications and treatment modalities to treat or cure low to moderate acuity conditions.
- Enter patient history, notes, and orders into patient chart.
- Communicate with patients all test results, prescriptions status, etc.
- Compliant with HIPAA, NCPA's Compliance Plan and Code of Conduct policies.
Related Duties: Rapid Clinic - Senior Mid-level will run the clinic with the on-call physician. Date of opening of clinic - TBD
Requirements - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree, together with a certificate from completing an American Medical Association approved physician assistant program.
- Possession of a license to practice as physician assistant in the State of Maryland.
- May possess a National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) issued certificate.
- Possession of state and federal Controlled Substance Registration
- At least 3-5 years clinical experience as Physician Assistant, Neurology or Neuroscience is a PLUS!
- Ability to provide expert clinical judgment and function independently.
- Possession of exceptional communication and interpersonal skills that enable effective collaboration with physicians, staff, community health workers, patients and their families.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Requirements:
- Maintains professional and technical expertise through in-service and professional meetings, education programs, and review of current literature.
- Enhances development through constant reading of available literature.
- Performs other continuing education duties as required.
Compensation: Comprised of base salary and productivity.
Supervision: Supervision is received from the Physician.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.