Health Information Manager - Temp-to-Hire
Falls Church, VA | Healthcare
Immediate opportunity for an experienced individual to manage the medical records program in a retirement community. Responsibilities include:
- Creates, manages and maintains a medical record for each resident based on the appropriate regulations for each level of care.
- Schedules and coordinates bi-annual credentials meetings with the Executive Director
- Monitors the maintenance of health care professional files to ensure applicable credential, malpractice, insurance, and license information is correct and up-to-date
- Participates in an after-hours, compensated On Call rotation with other members of the Health Information Services Department
- Is available by work cell phone for urgent/emergent situations on an as needed basis
- Acts as a liaison between medical claims and nursing by maintaining and providing census information and other health-related information and documents
- Manage Certification and Recertification of all Medicare Part A residents
- Associate of Science Degree in health-related discipline from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum of four years’ progressively responsible experience in Medical Records in a Long Term Health Care facility.
- Coding Certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with others.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.