Division Support Specialist
Washington, DC | Legal
Practice Support Specialist sought for large law firm in the heart of DC. This is a very high profile position as you will be working with the practice group leaders providing business analytical support to the group.
Key responsibilities include: analyzing the business to identify issues and/or areas for improvement; designing, managing and implementing programs and processes; assisting with several core finance operational procedures, including: time entry compliance, billing, accounts receivable and client disbursements/expenses; and ensuring compliance with critical operational benchmarks.
The Specialist will be responsible for identifying trends and providing regular reports and analysis to Division leadership and the Director of Practice Management and will take the lead on related action steps and follow-up.
The Specialist will work closely with the Director of Practice Management and the Division leadership to craft and provide business solutions at a macro and micro level, leveraging technology resources. The Specialist will communicate daily with practitioners in the Division and will frequently present at Division meetings.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a professional services business operations, compliance and/or accounting.
- Strong MS Office skills
- Understanding of AR and billing policies, procedures and controls.
- Skilled at performing analysis of financial data, including analyzing WIP reports, tracking legal staff time reports and monitoring expenses.
- Client focused
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Law firm experience preferred
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.