Director of Trade Show Operations
Reston, VA | Trade Association
Immediate opportunity for an experienced individual who can run the management of operations for an association's trade shows. Responsibilities include:
- Direct and work with trade show contractors and services to coordinate overall logistical strategy for related shows.
- Work with the trade show marketing department and Operations Manager to create and implement show design, layouts, show management booths, signage, features and elements.
- Oversee operations manager with contracted hotels, including the review of hotel contracts, room pick-up, approving exhibitor suite usage/meeting space, and tracking and adjusting room block, rooming lists and placement of staff housing
- Oversee Trade show Operations Manager with ordering show management equipment, room layouts, furniture orders, registration needs, utilities, etc.
- Oversee development of exhibitor manuals for domestic shows, including vendor contracting and pricing.
- Oversee all sponsorship sales and fulfillment for trade shows.
- Act as communications liaison with floor managers, associations, sponsors, and VIP program participants for booth space and meeting room requirements.
- Manage VIP program, developing VIP list, coordinating VIP outreach and working with the trade show marketing department on development of VIP materials.
- Assist in budget preparation and management as required.
- BA/BS required
- 8 – 10 years of experience in trade show operations management
- Experience managing vendor relationships and working with hotel contracts
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive Travel Required
- Knowledge of Map Your Show, Personify, and AutoCad a plus
- CEM, a plus
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.