Accounts Payable Analyst
District of Columbia, DC | Accounts Payable
The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for functions necessary to process invoices and check requests, and pay vendors according to the firm’s policy while using proper Accounts Payable and internal control procedures.
Responsibilities include significant emphasis on maintaining substantial database of vendor statements involving reconciliation, organization, and consistent follow-up to ensure invoices are submitted timely for client billing.
Requires strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, and deliver prompt, professional responsiveness to all communications. Must provide high-volume processing with accuracy and efficiency in fast-paced department, while meeting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- INVOICES AND CHECK REQUESTS:
- Thoroughly comprehend the firm’s approval policy, and provide full enforcement of rules and procedures.Ensure authorizations are within approved limits, and proper supporting documentation is submitted.
- Audit expense coding to confirm correct accounts are charged.
- Calculate and apply accurate sales and use tax for the corresponding jurisdiction.
- Execute electronic data retrieval and download of invoices with extensive, multi-line item transactions, and provide balancing confirmation.
- Perform detailed proofing of data entry in order to validate correct information is in the system.
- Process daily rush checks on schedule and monthly batch check runs.
- Review printed checks for proper addresses.
- Distribute signed checks accurately according to routing instructions.
- Enter manual checks written from other offices and audit coding and approvals.
- Immediately enter all wires transmitted on the operating bank account and audit for proper authorizations.
- PETTY CASH:
- Handle petty cash distribution and balancing.
- Verify proper authorizations and supporting documentation is provided.
- VENDOR STATEMENTS:
Perform thorough research and reconciliation of massive volume of vendor statements. Obtain missing invoices, and provide consistent follow-up with approvers so that invoices are returned to Accounts Payable for timely processing.
OTHER DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Process voids, stop payments, reissues, and soft costs.
- Deliver cashier’s check requests and deposits to the bank.
- Maintain organized files.
- Provide prompt and accurate responses to accounts payable inquires.
- Provide coverage support when team members are out of the office.
- Assist other team members as needed, especially during month-end closing.
- Meet month-end closing deadlines.
- Cross-training on other Accounts Payable tasks as assigned.
Communications: The Accounts Payable Analyst must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with a variety of customers; to converse tactfully over the telephone and by email; to liaison with both internal and external vendors; and be able to exchange information within the department for reporting and informational purposes.
Technical: Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, and experience on an integrated accounting package are required. Elite Enterprise accounting software preferred. Proficient 10-key data entry technique for high volume processing is required. Ability to organize and process high-volume work flow, work independently and collaboratively, and problem solve.
Education and Training: Minimum of an Associates degree in accounting or business related field with applicable accounting courses preferred. Transcript may be requested.
Work Experience: At least three to five years Accounts Payable experience. Law firm experience is preferred.
Once you have applied to this position, your application will be reviewed for qualification matches that our client(s) are seeking. You will be contacted for a brief phone screen where we will discuss your skills and experience in more detail and learn more about what you are looking to gain from your job search.
You will be invited in for an in person interview where we will further discuss your qualifications and any companies that we feel your skills are a strong match for and go over next steps. We are constantly marketing our candidates directly to our clients and have a high success rate of securing interviews for our candidates.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com.
Thanks and good luck!
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.