Reston, VA | Technology
The Accounting Specialist is a key member of the finance team responsible for significant contributions to ensure the integrity of operational accounting activities, and general ledger accounting. The successful candidate will bring strong competencies in finance and accounting.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION: As a key member of the team the Accounting Specialist will assist with general accounting/finance responsibilities and provide top-level support to fellow co-workers.
• Handles full cycle accounts payable, credit cards and expense report processing in accounting system(s).
• Ensures all vendor invoices have appropriate support and approval;
• Assists with cash management and related weekly/monthly reporting;
• Review purchase requisitions, and match vendor invoice with approved Purchase Orders;
• Monitors and reconciles manufacturing and inventory activity/accounts ;
• Performs monthly bank reconciliation.
• Monitors and provides analysis of open purchase orders with invoice to ensure adequate controls over AP entry and related payments;
• Assists with the weekly AP payment selection(s) and processing.
• Prepares sales invoices accounts receivable invoices within accounting system.
• Records cash receipts in NetSuite accounting system.
Maintains balance sheet reconciliation schedules such as fixed asset, prepaid expense and accrued expense schedules. Prepares monthly journal entries and GL account reconciliations.
• Assists with cash management and related weekly/month ly reporting.
• Assists with the month-end financial reporting and variance analysis .
• Implements and assists with the modification of the Company accounting control procedures.
• Identifies system inefficiencies or issues and provides solutions for system(s) enhancements.
• Provides assistance with regulatory tax filings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• A minimum of 3-5 years' experience with accounts payable and/or accounting field;
• Bachelor's degree in business related field;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Comprehensive grasp of accounting principles and application;
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
DESIRED SKILL SET: • Public Accounting experience preferred.
Once you have applied to this position, your application will be reviewed for qualification matches that our client(s) are seeking. You will be contacted for a brief phone screen where we will discuss your skills and experience in more detail and learn more about what you are looking to gain from your job search.
You will be invited in for an in person interview where we will further discuss your qualifications and any companies that we feel your skills are a strong match for and go over next steps. We are constantly marketing our candidates directly to our clients and have a high success rate of securing interviews for our candidates.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com.
Thanks and good luck!
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.